Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Iron Man Manifesto

I love the Pride of the Southland Marching Band. The Pregame Spectacular gives me chills every time I see it. It is indeed "A Pregame Tradition Unrivaled in College Football". But please, somebody tell Dr. Sousa that "Iron Man" needs to go. It sounds like something a middle school band would play. I assume that this is intended to be one of those menacing songs played only when the Big Orange is on defense, but it fails to properly menace. At least we aren't resorting to the worn out "Imperial March" (the Darth Vader thingy) but I am confident we can do better. Here are some suggested alternatives for Dr. Sousa: 1) War Machine - KISS 2) You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest 3) Metal Health - Quiet Riot 4) She Believes In Me - Kenny Rogers

7 comments:

Trebek said...

I like Erik Ainge.

Anonymous said...

Why did you get banned? I knew you were annoying but I think getting banned is a little harsh. I actually read your posts more than any other, just for the entertainment factor.

DA

Lloyd Braun said...

I think that Brent did not appreciate me criticizing him publicly for my perceived slant on the reporting of the quarterback battle. But I stand by my criticism. That being said, I think Volquest is a tremendous site and Brent does a better job than anybody else out there. No hard feelings on my part at all, he has a business to run.

Lloyd Braun said...

trebek - Me too. He needs to step up and stake his claim.

Trebek said...

He will LB, he will do it for you.

piratelooksat40 said...

Fuck them

Lloyd Braun said...

trebek - He Hate Me