Thursday, September 21, 2006

Big Papi Picks 'Em

Welcome back to another week of Pick 'Ems. Considering the difficulty of games last week, a 6-4 record wasn't that bad. Except on the games I missed...I was totally fucking wrong. One team certainly made me look like a complete asshole last week. Let's just pretend this quote from last week's pick 'ems was never typed...
Michigan is the most overrated team in the country. They're not good...trust me.
OK I was wrong. Michigan beat the absolute living hell out of Notre Dame. They looked really good. I also said the final score of the Texas Tech-TCU game would be around 83-81. Yeah, grand total of 15 points scored in that game with ZERO fucking touchdowns. And apparently Louisville is either really fucking good or Miami is really fucking bad...probably a little bit of both. But I also did say that Clemson would upset Florida State and to never pick a team coached by Les Miles in a close game. Enough of last week...on to this week's picks... Wisconsin at Michigan After calling them the most overrated team in the country last week and having them shove it down my throat, I'm not even going to bother analyzing this one. At least the Badgers get to return to the Liquor Capital of the World to console themselves. Winner- Michigan Minnesota at Purdue I know nothing about either one of these teams...and I don't really feel like looking anything up about them either. I fucking hate the Big 10. I don't like anything about the conference at all. I would like to thank Minnesota for making my Vols look better by getting their asses spanked by Cal but that doesn't mean I'm picking them here. Time to go to Mr. Washington...in a literal coin flip, I'll take the home team. Winner- Purdue Iowa State at Texas Is there another good conference in the NCAA other than the SEC? The Big 12 is a total fucking joke. There's Texas and 11 corn filled pieces of crap. Seriously...last year's Big 12 North champion lost to a fucking D-1AA school. Winner- Texas West Virginia at East Carolina My God, the games this week are total shit. If this game is closer than 3 touchdowns I'll end every sentence in next weeks Pick Ems with "Argh". Actually that would be fucking annoying but you get my drift... Winner- West Virginia Kentucky at Florida This may be the only time all season where Chris Leak won't need this... Winner- Florida Boston College at NC State The first actual good game this week. BC can't seem to remember a game is only 4 quarters long but...any game with this guy involved is fucking easy to pick... Amato is the ACC's version of Les Miles. Except with weird sunglasses instead of a goofy hat. Winner- Boston College Notre Dame at Michigan State I would like to thank Charlie Weis and Brady Quinn for making me look like a total douche bag last week. Some strange stats in this game...Michigan State has won 7 out of the last 9 in the series and Notre Dame is 2-5 after facing Michigan the past 7 years. Yeah...I tried to pick with trends last week and it didn't fucking work. I don't think they're going to hold up this week. Winner- Notre Dame USC at Arizona USC is good, Arizona sucks. Winner- USC Arizona State at Cal I think Cal is a really good team. They were just totally unprepared and out of their league when they tried to step into SEC country and play the Vols. But now back in their No-defense conference and hippy sanctuary, they should be fine. Winner- Cal Penn State at Ohio State Joe Pa might be the hardest coach in college football and Jim Tressel might be a sweater-vest wearing pussy but the Buckeyes shouldn't have any problems here. Winner- Ohio State Record to date: 23-7

3 comments:

tomfrombama said...

The envy these other schools have for Alabama is just unbelievable. But Alabama remains alone as The University of Alabama and Coach Shula is the Coach. Other teams can only dream of having Alabama’s traditions. It’s why they are all out to get us. They are you know, it’s a fact that they conspired to set us up and now they see in their failure to destroy Alabama that we are returning to our rightful place on top. God Bless Coach Shula for staying at Bama. He could have any head-coaching job in the NFL but he stays because Bama is Special.

THE GRILL VIPER said...

You're right. Bama is "special". Like in "short bus".

TomfromBama said...

It was clear from the start that the SEC officiating team picked the hogs today. We tried but just weren’t able to compete against BOTH teams we played against today…When the other SEC teams see what we are building at Bama, they are afraid because they know BAMA is returning to our rightful position.

I’m sure the barn fans will enjoy our loss more than their win, but at least we were playing an SEC team today and not some nobody. We have tradition, and 12 national championships and all the wins over these no name schools will ever make Auburn anything more than a wannabe.