Monday, October 09, 2006

Ainge Named National Player of the Week

Being the classy blog that we are, we won't say "I told you so" anymore. That is SO 1982 anyway.

Walter Camp Football Foundation Names National 1-A Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week -

Walter Camp Football Foundation Names National 1-A Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week Tennessee QB Erik Ainge and Arkansas DT Keith Jackson honored

New Haven, Conn. - The Walter Camp Football Foundation has announced its Division 1-A National Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week for games ending October 7.

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

ERIK AINGE, TENNESSEE

Junior, Quarterback, Hillsboro, OR/Glencoe

Junior quarterback Erik Ainge passed for 268 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another as 13th-ranked Tennessee came-from-behind to defeated 10th-ranked Georgia, 51-33, in a SEC showdown. Ainge completed 25-of-38 passes and had scoring tosses of 16 and 15 yards to lead the Volunteers (5-1, 1-1 SEC), who scored 27 fourth-quarter points against a Georgia defense that entered the game allowing just 6.8 points per contest.

15 comments:

Trebek said...

I posted a "Lloyd was right" thread on the beloved GQ...... deleted before I could blink 3 times and say "I'm bringing sexy back"

Danny said...

until this blog stops censoring shit, you guys really don't have any grounds to complain. I've had plenty of posts that never saw the light of day on this blog.

LWS said...

Sorry Danny, You post a lot of dumb shit that is demeaning to you. I am just trying to help you

Danny said...

Tongue my balls, Cajun.

Judging by the pic, you certainly beat the tater as a righty.

THE GRILL VIPER said...

I agree, you are sort of a dumbfuck Danny. Its for your own safety.

Tongue those balls!

Lloyd Braun said...

Thanks Trebek. By the way, my wife loves your screen name.

Jack Crevol said...

You guys are latent homosexuals.

Bring lloyd back, try #12 of the day, commencing in three seconds, general.

SIT, TMBYCMF.

Danny said...

Jack, you're such a fucking douche. You were licking lloyd's nuts the other day on Volquest. Don't you have some recruits to worry about? Oh yeah, Lloyd? You're still Brent's bitch. And that's pretty bad considering how big of a bitch Brent is himself.

jack crevol said...

I love nuts, what can I say?

I love you Dan.

We miss Lloyd, and all the other guys, BECAUSE THEY DON'T TAKE THEMSELVES SO DAMN SERIOUS.

VQ is a place we all enjoy.

On and Dan. TMYBYCMF. :0

Lloyd Braun said...

silkk - I heart u

Gborak said...

elbrujo, I just figured out from reading The Generals Quarters that this is your blog. I had seen the links over at Gridscape and just put 2 and 2 together.

Greeat work and I must say that I never believed that you had any kind of sense of humor. Amazing of peoples impressions, huh?

AfricaVol said...

elbrujo? I do not understand how you can be part of this blog. I don't get it.

PDVol said...

This is disappointing to say the least elbrujo

here are the links please explain...
http://tennessee.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2251&tid=80647284&mid=80647284&sid=879&style=2
http://mb18.scout.com/fgridscapefrm1.showMessage?topicID=65223.topic

Lloyd Braun said...

pdvol - did you know I was right about Ainge? Spread the word

PDVol said...

LB I do not recognize your existence. I am more concerned that ElBrujo is running this blog. Which one is he?